Solved! How do you recover information off of an iPhone 5s that has no SIM card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2019
The SIM card was removed and I need to retrieve the information from the phone. Is there a way or do I have to send it to an expert to recover that info?

Solution
A variety of things. I would like to know if pictures or deleted photos or iCloud can be recovered, plus email , credit card statements, location history. I know there are forensics that can recover phone history. I just wondered how difficult it would be to try to do myself. I have reasons.

Turn it on and see what is on the phone, pretty much anything on the phone can be moved to cloud storage or a computer.
Apr 8, 2019
what kind of information exact?
A variety of things. I would like to know if pictures or deleted photos or iCloud can be recovered, plus email , credit card statements, location history. I know there are forensics that can recover phone history. I just wondered how difficult it would be to try to do myself. I have reasons.

Apr 10, 2019
You can charge it and if it has no sim you should be able to switch it on as usual and it will still connect to wifi ? You may also have to plug it into the charger to do an iCloud back up. If you set your entire phone to do be included in your iCloud back ups they will all get moved to iCloud and have had regular back ups,if not you have to manually select each and add it to you iCloud and it will back up what they are now you won’t hzvr older materials possibly.Go to settings and you storage which has had a major shake up lately so just look on your search engine for the exact place in settings. Ask how to back up music then ask files etc they are not listed together. When you finish go into settings and do your back up. If you used it in a conputer you can go ahead and use iTunes to perform this for you.Possibly download the utunes site if you have access to a computer.
Once the back up is done which is fast you can access it on another Apple device or they have a website delicates to your iCloud contents but it is password secured so you if you intend on doing that check it out to ensure you can access ot. Search for iPhone cloud on my computer and you will find the Apple site.
On a new iPhone you have to do back then merge both when given the prompt to do this.i actually ignores it and gut doubled if things!
Then you should be all set as it moves all settings. If it’s just a select amount of files or photos just move them via emails and messenger to yourself and save on a different device or phone.If it’s an upgrade the 5 will transfer everything to your new phone if you put them in range of each other and follow instructions to start it. The only purpose your sim serves now asof March 1st is calling and data, all your info will ideally be in your cloud per them but they use it for everything so turn off any options to allow access to Suri etc in apps in photos and they. Even use your key strokes from texts it’s pretty invasive I actually don’t care for that or the constant turning off data at home now instead if auto switching no matter who you use. Yes there is a limit even in unlimited it’s a fact. You can actually allow the. cloud to save your originals but it’s a royal pain waiting on them to poplulate your phone plus your iCloud may need storage you have to pay for.Delete any unnecessary images and files etc to avoid it.I hope this helps you but please just ask if I have not made something clear it’s late and I’m tired !

Turn it on and see what is on the phone, pretty much anything on the phone can be moved to cloud storage or a computer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.