How do you tell if you bought a fake laptop?

Steve_3df

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PYZ0J6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

So the average price is about 900$. So yesterday I saw one marked used for $500 but the description said it was "new" and to contact the seller first before purchasing. She said everything is new and offer usa warranty and have 21 day return; also payment would be via amazon.com so I can use my amazon giftcard for this purchase.

How can she offer the laptop this cheap? how much does it cost her to stock this laptop?

Coud the laptop possibly be fake? Replaced with fake parts, not dell parts? Like how would I know if the laptop is fake or not?

How is she earning a profit? Laptop are this cheap to purchase wholesale?

Steve_3df

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015

Amazon isn't the one selling this laptop. It's some seller who told me to contact her through email to get a special deal. I'm afraid its a bootleg dell, a clone from china. or they switch out the good parts for chinese fake parts.

Steve_3df

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
So I was about to buy it, then I told her to take a picture with her name and the laptop package on a piece of paper and send it to me. She never replied back. Since when did girls begin selling laptops?