How good is this labtop?

brian101

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I have heard good things and bad things about gateway, what is your view? There's no other retailer that comes close to this price with the hardware included. I need a new labtop for college that is around $800 and will last me a good 4 years.

Gateway NV79C47u NoteBook

Solution

Hi Brian,

For your price range the Gateway looks like a solid choice. The larger screen size will be nice for gaming, but keep in mind that it is not as portable as smaller laptops (although most gaming laptops tend to be bigger and heavier anyway).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Brian,

What will you be using your laptop for? This one has great specs but may be a bit heavy if you think you will be carrying your laptop back and forth to class. Whether this Gateway is the right fit depends on what you will be using it for. With some more details, I can make a more informed recommendation.

Cheers,
Isabella

brian101

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009

Budget: No more than $850

Use: surfing the web, music, word, and some games

Screen Size: 14-15 inches (negotiable)

Video Card: Play starcraft 2 pretty well

Battery Life: 4 hours (more the better)

Longevity: 4 years

CPU: Core i3 or i5

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Brian,

For your price range the Gateway looks like a solid choice. The larger screen size will be nice for gaming, but keep in mind that it is not as portable as smaller laptops (although most gaming laptops tend to be bigger and heavier anyway).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Isabella

Solution