WHEN I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING WITH SOME DOCS; EITHER CLOSE OPEN OR MOVE CURSOR, I PRESSED CONTROL-ALT-DELETE AND NOTHING HAPPENED FOR A WHILE DURING WHICH TIME I GOT AN ICON ON THE LAPTOP SCREEN BOTTOM RIGHT WHICH I PRESSED AND THE BORDER OF THE SCREN WENT BLACK.
ONLY THE PART I TYPE A DOC IN IS WHITE; RIGHT TO THE BORDER OF THE TYPING IS BLACK. HOW DO I GET BACK TO AN ALL WHITE DOC.
THE PROBLEM DOESN'T EXIST IN EMAIL WEB BROWSING.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, do try loading the laptop into Safe Mode.
- While the laptop is booting up, repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once loaded in Safe Mode do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's how: http/www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- Reboot the laptop and it should load back into the normal mode.
- If the same problem will persist I would suggest reinstalling Windows.