how long does it take to mine a bitcoin

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
I figured out through reading there worth bout 850bucks right now, but I was wondering how long would it take to mine a bit coin on a core i7 920 and a radeon 280xgpu? will be upgrading soon and my cpu could possably be going in a new spare computer

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I would not recommend going solo, but rather work in conjunction with a mining pool. At which point the rate at which you obtain bit coins is dependent upon the size and capability of the pool you are in.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

A very, very long time. Bitcoin mining is done primarily by ASICs design solely for mining bitcoins. You won't be able to profit from it by using traditional computer hardware including CPUs and GPUs.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
what about this new dark coin mining? I read something about its new therfull more profitable I think? does anyone know where a reputable guide is to get started I want to do gpu minning may in the near future buy a second high powered gpu not just for this but I do sometimes play video games I thougholy enjoy even though I don't play many and not often

oh and could a name brand like corsair PSU 750 power 2x radeon 280x

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Mining is just a pyramid scam. Those who get in early get rich if and only if they can find a sucker to purchase the coins from them.