Question How long should a gaming laptop game?

Jul 1, 2021
This is my very first time here gotta say I'm a little excited haha. My laptop's the Dell G7 17 7700 with i7 10750H and GTX 1660 Ti and I have a few months since I've bought it. I'm wondering how long should a gaming laptop game cause I had an Alienware 17 R3 before 6 years and it lasted about... 6 years basically... and I was very disappointed because it cant be repaired cause the motherboard doesnt exist in EU or NA. Anyways that's another topic for another time, I've been using this new one a lot and I dont want to fry it up like the previous one. Been playing sometimes 2 hours then a little break and some more hours after that, sometimes up to 4 hours no stop depending on the game... The temperatures are good I presume, under 75C mostly 64-73 and sometimes I can even see 50! Very rarely thought and I am a little disappointed about that because higher temps over time will turn this beautiful machine into a toaster... Could someone tell me how long should I game and if its possible to undervolt it (cause I googled it but it seems that its not possible to undervolt this laptop..). Thank you!?

Jul 1, 2021
Hi John! Usually the hardware in pcs are rated to last 5-6 years under factory settings, they most likely will last longer if properly cared for. I believe the same goes for gaming laptops.