How much do you think I can get off this old VAIO?

magicfreak123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
How much do you think I could get from this laptop on ebay or some other auction site? It's an old sony vaio pcg frv27, bought it for $1,700 at the time.

Can I get probably $400-$500 off it?

here's the specs:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PCG-FRV27-Laptop-2-66-GHz-Pentium/dp/B00009EEMN

Has NO dents or scratches. Always used a usb mouse, so the wrist rest is not worn out, the only thing i has is a small scuff on the edge of the lid (right on the latch) about 1/8" thick and 1" long (not visible at all unless the lid is closed)..........how much do you think this would go at auction?

Also, it comes preloaded with games like age of empires 2 factory installed.

everything is in working order, with no random freezes or anything......
Thanks

magicfreak123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008

What If I upgraded RAM to 1GB and replaced the 40gb HDD with a 100-120gb HDD? How much then do you think I could get for it???

magicfreak123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008

Thats true, battery is not more than an hour, but for regular computing needs (internet browsing, word processing...and such) this could serve as a budget desktop replacemet with a memory and HDD upgrade, right?

magicfreak123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Can anyone else tell me what they would pay for a laptop like this? I'm just selling ot buy a new one, but don't want to put it up on ebay just yet because It's one hell of a tragedy to get off just because I don't get the price I expected, It's just that I've seen $4,000 alienwares go for $400....So I don't want that to happen to me......

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Including the stuff you say you'd upgrade....yeah, 400 I'd say. Then again, I personally don't like Vaio's too much so that may factor into it. If you advertise the clock speed in big letters some people will go for it :D

That, and on Ebay you can always set a reserve price (a minimum price that must be met before it can be sold)