How Much is My Toshiba Laptop Worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
I have a toshiba A105-S2081 laptop with a celeron m 1.6 ghz cpu, 715 mb of ram, new battery, new screen 40 gig hard drive, dvd/cd-rw in good condition.

I am thinking about selling it to my friend. any idea how much it might be worth?

I was asking 250. Is that to low?

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
The thing is I went on casforlaptops.com and their quote was $375. It also has software benifits (Office 2007) so I think I might raise the price to $300. Is this still reasonable? ?

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Keep in mind unless you include a copy of the software or create a restore disk, when he eventually has to reinstall Windows, with out the software or restore disk the software will be gone

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Well I don't really mean to rip him off, what I meant was I if get a price from a reputable source than he will pay that price, he won't really bargain for it. Anyway, it does have an operating system restore disk and discs for all the software and I plan to Reformat before I sell. Also, does anyone have a good recomendation for a 500gig+ external usb and firewire compatable hard drive?

Okay my previous post will be edited. My apologies. If you have all of the software, which you seem to have, you could probably ask for the higher price then.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006

Suggest you put the external together yourself. Best bet would be a case with both eSATA and USB external connection, eSATA would be the fastest conneciton and USB would allow you to connect to any other computer. Be sure the internal connection is SATA. Not only would it save you a little money but allow you to choose the hdd and eventually install a larger one when needed. You can get a good case for around $35 or so.

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Thanks for the info. I am uneasy about putting it together myself, but if it will save me money I'm 100% for it. As for the price I think I will comprimise and set it at $250.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006

Putting an external hdd together is no more difficult, in fact easier, than installing an internal hdd. Just open the case, usually 4 screws, connect the the data and power cables, and screw the case together. When I put mine together I first connected it internally in the computer, didn't screw it in, to format it and then put it in the case. I got a Penguin Gear case without a fan and heat hasn't been a problem. Got it without a fan because it's quieter. The case gets warm to the touch but not hot. If you get one with an eSATA connection, which mine doesn't have, you'll get an eSATA connector with the case. I have mine connected via USB and no problem with speed but I only use it for backup. A friend of mine has his music on an external with a USB connector and no problem listening to music.

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Thanks for the info.. . The Vantek one looks the best I think but I will probably go for the azio. What about Samsung spinqoint drives? I have heard some good reports about them.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006

Right now all my hdd are Seagate so really don't have any experience with the Samsungs. Have a Samsung DVD burner that I really like as well as a couple of Samsung monitors so my experience with Samsung has been very good. Don't think you can go wrong with any of those cases

Status
Not open for further replies.