How much longer do you think these specs will last?

Lepreshawn

Estimable
Oct 25, 2015
I've had an HP Envy M6-1115tx for the past couple years now and I was wondering if it was time to start looking for an upgrade. (To use for gaming)

i7-3632QM Quad Core Processor
AMD Radeon 7600m 2GB Graphics
8GB RAM
1TB HDD

If not how long until I should consider upgrading to a newer- 'future-proof' one?

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
its still a decent laptop, but it is pretty out of date now if you are talking about newer triple a titles. since its on your mind, its probably time to upgrade. something must have made you think about it. a newer laptop with a 970m for example will probably give you a minimum of 5x improvement.

AdanClinton

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
Upgrading more than the memory and hard drive may be more trouble than it's worth,I've seen very few upgrades that work out as promised.

The CPU itself is still considered powerful. The AMD GPU is a different story.... an Intel HD 5500 in Haswell CPUs is a bit more powerful than the Radeon HD 7630m. It is more powerful than an Intel HD 4400 in Broadwell CPUs though. In other words it's pretty weak compared to modern dedicated graphics.

You can still play some games with low settings but it would be best not to have high expectations.