How Natal Knows If You're Female or Male

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... is this scary or not? it seems like google and microsoft haz an armsrace... then face and fingerprint recognition... an internet connection... get my drift?

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hmmm i remember a while back the face tracking software from hp or dell .. that couldn't face track black people. So i'm wondering, is skin color a problem for natal when it comes to distinguishing sexes?

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
They should just use airport scanners and get it over with. Those seem to work extremely well in determining the parts inside the pants.

ukgooey

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
The only way this can work is if it can see my cock. Imagine standing there waving your tackle around in front of your telly. Be like being a teenager again.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
They can spare the complexity by asking them to take off their clothes!

Or the software could ask the simplest question of all:
Wasssuuuuuppp!?

If it gets an immediate answer like "wasssuuuuupp" then it's definitely a dude in front of the PC!!

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Boob meter...[/citation]

I was thinking that too for a second, but then a horrible image jumped into my mind: manboobs...

I doubt there is a single body part that can be used to tell gender from with 100% reliability. What's wrong with a box asking you your gender the first time you use Natal?

flurrball

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]mrmoo500[/nom]What if they are both very obese?[/citation]

The Natal will also come with a flour reservoir, which will shoot small packets of flour, and look for the wet spot....

Status
Not open for further replies.