How on earth do I get rid of Trovi/safe search/conduit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMaskedShadow

Estimable
Jun 27, 2014
I have been trying for the past 3 hours to get rid of this stupid search page. I think its gone but my computer is so much slower now. I tried using malwarebytes but it barley found anything concerning it. Trovi is on both my desktop and laptop. I noticed it on both machines after re installing flash player. It's possibly gone but how do i make sure it's gone or at least get rid of it.

modernwar99

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014
Run a malwarebytes full computer scan in safemode. Also check task manager for any processes running with the name valueapps or conduit and open their file location. <-- Tell me if you find anything.

byza

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
1.Download AdwCleaner, and hitman pro as well, then install them. Just use the trial for hitman.
2. Go to uninstall programs in control panel and uninstall conduit and any other suspicious sounding programs (it installs under several random names)
3. Reset each of your browsers that you have on the computer (firefox/chrome etc)
4. Run AdwCleaner
5. Run Malwarebytes
6. Run HitMan Pro
This should get rid of it, but I like the repeat it once just to be sure.

aford10

Distinguished
The best answer, is a combination of the posts above. There is a malware guide in my signature that will ensure to remove any malware that snuck in. But that doesn't revert the modifications made to your settings, none of the antivirus software will. You need to then manually change the settings, such as your start page, and your browser add ons, which is well detailed in the link that Hexit posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.