How Our Favorite Websites Look on the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
No matter how much you hate it (flash I mean) with no Flash support, this can't be considered a proper web browsing device.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
In fairness to Apple they are promoting HTML5 with their overpriced piece of junk. The internet will be a better place when HTML5 is fairly standard across the board.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Quote "Some webistes utilizing Flash however, didn't load at all."
Yes Tom's did a spelling error.
Good, the sooner we rid ourselves of Flash, the better. HTML5 is the way.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Reviews in the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and the Arizona Republic were all favorable. TV advertisements have started appearing on Phoenix TV channels. It definitely looks like the apps will help generate sales.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
You guys are ridiculous. Such crybaby comments. You haven't even given the device a CHANCE. Standing up for you think is right doesn't require blasting.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Yah I thought this site was full of geeks who like technology. Now I feel it's full of a bunch of annoying trolls. Before you bash a product, try it. Hopefully you can keep the smile to yourself as to not piss off your troll friends. As for me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my iPad. I actually own one. I actually like it. I know it has pros and cons. But you can't deny that when all of the reviewers got their paws on it, their angle changed for the better.

G

Dude! The iPad is slick! Its so much better then I anticipated. Its VERY responsive!

Apple is just a company and iPad is just a product.. not the devil, not big brother. You either want one or you don't.

How can it not be that simple?

pdman

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
It's not an iPod , it's not a netbook, it's not a MacBook... It's so much better in its own right. Until you try one, don't bash it. I've been using mine on/off for the last 20 hours and I can't seem to put it down... It's the apps I tell ya.
BTW, I'm no fanboy... I'm a PC. But I gotta give props to a good device when I see one. Until now I've never seen a device that I would consider purchasing for my elderly parents for it's simplicity yet capable enough that I would enjoy using. This is it... It's that good.

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
[citation][nom]pdman[/nom]It's not an iPod , it's not a netbook, it's not a MacBook... It's so much better in its own right. Until you try one, don't bash it. I've been using mine on/off for the last 20 hours and I can't seem to put it down... It's the apps I tell ya. BTW, I'm no fanboy... I'm a PC. But I gotta give props to a good device when I see one. Until now I've never seen a device that I would consider purchasing for my elderly parents for it's simplicity yet capable enough that I would enjoy using. This is it... It's that good.[/citation]

[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]Yah I thought this site was full of geeks who like technology. Now I feel it's full of a bunch of annoying trolls. Before you bash a product, try it. Hopefully you can keep the smile to yourself as to not piss off your troll friends. As for me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my iPad. I actually own one. I actually like it. I know it has pros and cons. But you can't deny that when all of the reviewers got their paws on it, their angle changed for the better.[/citation]

Great, I'm glad you like it. It has no purpose for me though, I'd much rather have a netbook. As for having to use the apps, that's also a downside for me - I'd much rather have a full OS with unrestricted use. But: if it's good for you then great enjoy your device.

I think Apple gets a lot of hate for implying that they have invented a new and better product type when they haven't. Touchscreen tablets have been around for donkeys years - same with mp3 players when the bought out the ipod. Apples real innovation is in their marketing not their r&d dept which is as stale as many a tech company. BUT IF YOU LIKE IT THEN GREAT :)

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]bp 4575[/nom]Is Tom's getting paid to advertise this stain of a product? Stop, it's getting irksome.[/citation]
Yeah that is getting really damn old. Everytime we post something that you don't like, oh em gee Tom's must be getting paid. Whatever man, if you don't like it that I spent my weekend trying to write stuff for people to read then go read something else. The internet is full of options.

The fact is, there are things to cover and be said. And if you haven't noticed, Tom's isn't really Apple's cup of tea.

buckinbottoms

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Been noticing a lot of comments disappearing. Readers here are getting a little tired of the iPad reviews and their comments are being removed when expressed. Nvidia articles disappearing. Turning into a damn Gestapo around here.

starralazn

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]Yeah that is getting really damn old. Everytime we post something that you don't like, oh em gee Tom's must be getting paid. Whatever man, if you don't like it that I spent my weekend trying to write stuff for people to read then go read something else. The internet is full of options. The fact is, there are things to cover and be said. And if you haven't noticed, Tom's isn't really Apple's cup of tea.[/citation]
eh... its nice to see news on a sunday!

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Let the MS Funboy trollfest begin!

In regards to the article, thanks for the update Tom's Guide. I am really interested into getting one, I am just not sure if I should wait for the 2nd gen... News like this help me get some third point view, before I decide..

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.