How Rockstar Deals with Max Payne 3 Multiplayer Cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eman25th

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
reminds me of a comment on here about cheating, someone said "why dont they just put them on their own server and play against other hackers!"
i hope this works out the way Rockstar wants it to.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
What they do is evening the play field, allow players to fight on the same terms. Only true losers would need cheats like aim-bots and the like as it only proves they don't have what it takes to win in a normal game!

Thumbs up for the solution!

G

ive been longing for something like this since the days of counter strike. it baffles me that game companies are only starting with this today.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
The Good: it keeps honest players free from the cheaters plague.
The Bad: it allows cheaters to continue playing.
The Ugly: it validates cheating, when it should be outcast.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
We're not sure what kind of message Rockstar is sending to cheaters by allowing them to continue online play, but it's definitely an interesting punishment. We wonder how cheaters will feel playing with other cheaters. Will they try to "outcheat" each other?

That's called PRISON, dude!

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I enjoyed playing open b.net in Diablo II because it was a match between cheaters. The best hacker would win. It was fun.
This should be interesting.

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Much better than embedding "cheating" into the license agreement and sucking £50 from the person who was deemed as "cheating" by banning them.

This is a cute idea.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
This is the best idea yet. They should do something similar to those that mod their XBOXs and PS3s. What percentage of online players actually mod their consoles to support burned games? I doubt that many of them. That, or increase their online fees.

Chipi

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
This isn't about cheating or aim bots.
It's simply a way that allows people to play online with a modified game. Game modding is not just about cheating, but model/texture editing too, to make the game look better or more fun.

Modding is a very strong point in Rockstar's GTA series, and now that Max Payne is using the same (upgraded) RAGE engine, expect a lot of mods to be released in the near future,

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Chipi[/nom]This isn't about cheating or aim bots.It's simply a way that allows people to play online with a modified game. Game modding is not just about cheating, but model/texture editing too, to make the game look better or more fun.Modding is a very strong point in Rockstar's GTA series, and now that Max Payne is using the same (upgraded) RAGE engine, expect a lot of mods to be released in the near future,[/citation]
Moding can be used for cheating too. Some people might install more detailed textures of building and similar, on the other hand some may put transparent textures thus allowing them self to see opponents trough walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.