How should the Trump Administration secure their phones? Which Android Phone has the best security?

Graybush

Estimable
If the Trump Administration was going to purchase a new Android phone for every member of the White House Staff, but the budget only affords for one model, which model should they buy? As part of the new Technology Acquisitions Team, it’s up to you to make that decision. What would you do? What is the most secure Android phone?

I’d like to see what everyone comes up with regarding the use of technology in the given circumstances. Would you pick a phone with the best security possible? Or make it more accessible for constituents to contact their representatives? Would you give a phone that’s more geared towards social media? I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
They should only be using a DISA DMCC certified phone, which is a specially modified phone cleared for classified work. It is not an off the shelf unit, and frankly no world leader should ever, ever use an off the shelf phone for anything while in office.

jsimenhoff

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016

Are these custom made phones by the NSA? What do you mean by off the shelf? What makes them more secure than other phones? Apologies for the deluge of questions, I find this topic fascinating and know very little about it.

Graybush

Estimable

From my understanding, the NSA uses Blackberry phones that are also build without cameras, since Blackberry let's enterprises run all email through their own BBS servers. Do you think NSA-sanctioned Blackberrys would be suitable for the White House?

Jan 7, 2015
Personally, I can't see a lot of the representatives in our government would even want to learn what goes on in social media, let alone how to use it. Chuck Shumer obviously has a good PR person though, with all the posts he's been making since Janurary.

Though I'd think they'd look more favorable if The White House just puts their damn commentary line back up. Trump and his cronies are just completely tone-deaf.