How terrible is my new laptop (2014) for games made from 2005-2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutzthedeal

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
Hey guys; I have a Gateway NE 722 series, AMD quad core 1.3 GHz, 4GB DDR3 L ram (upgrading to 8 soon) has an AMD/ATI Radeon 8280 gpu. And my favorite part about it, a nice 17.3 in screen.

Now, as a low/mid-range budget, non-gaming laptop, I know I'm not setting any speed records here. What I'd like to know is which games released from about 2005-2012 would run decently on this machine at at least medium quality level, even if I have to turn AA off, to get 25fps or better in the following categories (if you are so inclined; if not, just list your recommendations anyway, please): FPS, RTS, anything WWII, anything from Vietnam, anything to do with vikings or sailing and almost any open world games except stealing cars and robbing people; doesn't really do it for me). Thank you! It seems to me that the "Can You Run It" site is really kind of freaky... I can run some games it says I can't, etc. Thought I'd come ask real experts.

Faizan Rasul

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
i'd say everything from 2005 - 2009 you could actually run quite well (except crysis which you may need to run on low settings on 600p or something)
2010-2011 - i'd say you could run everything at low settings except crysis 2
2012 - early 2014 - you can run everything at low settings except crysis 3, the witcher 2, the metro games, battlefield 3 & 4 and i think that's it.
anything from mid 2014 onwards can't run on your laptop (except indie game)

Status
Not open for further replies.