How the e-commerce platforms lets me sell in person an iPad, or iPhone point of a sale system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a cooperator

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hi,
First of all: I don't know if this is the suitable Tom's forum category or not since Shopify is not Open-source software. However, I didn't find any category of discussing Online-Business websites-building platforms.

I know that is an Online Store-Building platform. However, I am quite surprised with why Shopify gives me two options of start selling: "Online Store" (a fully-hosted commerce website), and Retail Store, Pop up Shop.
I know what is an "Online Store", a fully-hosted commerce website
However, I don't know what is "Retail Store, Pop up Shop", thru which Shopify will let me sell in person an iPad, or iPhone point of a sale system.

O7lVB0BU

Just find their support page and send an email. Ask the question directly. Hopefully they will give you an answer that will make sense and that you can print to document.

Most likely they also have some online documentation and agreements in place that you must accept. Beware the fine print!

Direct contact is the best way to ask the question, perhaps get an understandable answer, and provide you with some sense as to how they deal with customers/clients.

I have no idea what Shopify is, but looking on that screenshot, the two options are quite different:
- "Online store" - imagine Amazon: You set up your store, with goods, you don't see the customer. You pack and ship the goods.
- "Retail store" - imagive going to farmers market, and paying with credit card. The seller uses an iPad/iPhone, with card reader, to process the transaction. You hand over the goods to the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.