How to Access CBS On Time Warner Cable Using a Proxy Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Has the world already forgotten about "off air" antennas? CBS is spewed into the ether FOR FREE!! All you need to receive all of CBS programming is a digital TV and a very basic off air antenna. Paying money to be able to view any off air signal as part of a cable or satellite package s the height of folly. All that's necessary to watch off air programming is to select the TV antenna input with the remote. How could it be any simpler?

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Shame on both of these companies, while they are busy acting like little children the customers of both parties are the ones who actually suffer. I wish there was another option for broadband in my area, would drop them in a heartbeat.

knightmike

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I don't see the option to download HMA. It even says on their site, "No software required.
All you need is a web browser to use our free proxy, no third-party software is required to be downloaded."

Borisblade7

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
You can get CBS for FREE in HD over the air. Who cares if the cable company has it or not. They dont even give you the HD CBS unless you pay more on top of what you are already paying to get a crappier version of a free channel. TLDR version: Only idiots pay for CBS or care if the cable company has it.

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
It seems like this comes up at least once a year. If it is not CBS it is another station. Personally TWC just needs to tell CBS to go Fxxx Off we will not carry your stations any more. See how fast they change there minds.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I can understand if TWC is not offering CBS network TV programming, that has to do with a paid contract between the two parties.

What I am not certain about is CBS blocking TWC customers access to cbs.com. Those customers may be within rights to sue CBS for discrimination of some sort. Internet sites such as cbs.com I don't believe are covered by contracts between cable/internet providers and CBS, its a public facing site that is likely available on the internet regardless of contracts. CBS blocking TWC customers because they didn't like how negotiations with TWC over TV content seems somewhat underhanded and in some respects unrelated, and I think makes CBS look worse than a failed contract negotiation between a TV content provider and a TV content distributor.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
As to the terms of use and accessing content, it describes the penalty, if you access the material in a way that breaks their terms of use, they have the right to block your access. That said, if you use a proxy, and they block it, you just use another proxy, and they have to keep blocking you. That is their only recourse.

SkateZilla

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Wouldnt bypassing a IP Range Block intentionally via Proxy to regain access to something that's being blocked for legal reasons... be Illegal?

Antenna's Hook to TV Turn to Local OTA CBS Channel, Problem Solved. LEGALLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.