Hi! I have an Asus X540U and I'm planning to upgrade my laptop's Optical Disk Drive to an SSD, but I've only managed to list the steps on installing the SSD so far.
- Buy a Caddy that's the same size as my ODD. (9mm in my case)
- Buy an SSD (going for the low 128 GB)
- Simply install the caddy and SSD.
- Do I need to add something to my motherboard to connect the caddy?
- Do I need to transfer my OS to the SSD to really experience fast booting?
- If so, how can I transfer it?
- What will happen to my HDD files? (programs and etc.)
- I've read somewhere that I need to partition my new SSD, what does that do?