how to add bluetooth capability to HTR-3066

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2018
I have the Yamaha HTR-3066 receiver in my home theater setup. All the inputs are via HDMI cables. When I plug wireless headphones into the headphone jack, the speakers do not play (as they are designed). I would like the option to wear "supplemental" headphones (to aid in hearing better) without having to "blast" everybody out of the house with the speakers being too loud. Is there a way to add a bluetooth transmitter to the receiver? I've tried plugging the BT receiver into all the AV output jacks, but because the HDMI outputs are actually what I'm "tuned into", there is no output from the AV jacks. In reading the manual, it looks like there is a a way to select the AV jacks as output, but I can't get that to work. Any help here?

Solution
You can't turn an input into an output.
The receiver does have AV out and tape record audio out but they probably don't work with the digital inputs.
The only way I can see to do it would be to use a speaker to line level converter with level control built in. Connect that in parallel to the front speaker outputs and connect a bluetooth transmitter to that. The volume of the receiver will affect the volume going into the transmitter so you will need to adjust the level of the converter so you don't overload the input of the transmitter. You will also have to set the receiver to stereo. If you run it in surround sound you won't hear voices from the headphones.
You can't turn an input into an output.
The receiver does have AV out and tape record audio out but they probably don't work with the digital inputs.
The only way I can see to do it would be to use a speaker to line level converter with level control built in. Connect that in parallel to the front speaker outputs and connect a bluetooth transmitter to that. The volume of the receiver will affect the volume going into the transmitter so you will need to adjust the level of the converter so you don't overload the input of the transmitter. You will also have to set the receiver to stereo. If you run it in surround sound you won't hear voices from the headphones.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS