Question How to burn 700 MB VCD

Acharn

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Tom's Hardware has changed radically since I was last here, so I don't know where to post this. I have a 100 MB .mp4 video I want to play on my TV DVD player. I use DVD Flick to format it for burning to disk, selecting 700MB CD as the destination.. I use ImgBurn to burn it to disk. When I play it on my TV DVD player it has breaks in the sound every few seconds. The breaks don't seem to follow a pattern, just random, but only 10 - 20 seconds apart. I've tried burning to DVD, but the results are the same. I have not tried Nero, because I don't have it installed, but that's a possibility. I have burned larger files and they have worked fine. In the past, with similar problems, I have tried converting the file to .avi, but the results were the same. The DVD player is a cheapie, but it's only three years old. It has no problems playing DVDs both purchased and burned at home. It plays old music VCDs and MP3 collections. It's only with relatively small files that I get this skipping phenomonon. There used to be authoring software specifically for burning to CD, but it hasn't been available for years. I have played back the files produced by DVDFlick, and they don't have any problem with the audio. I would appreciate any suggestions.

ankit213506

Banned
BANNED
May 13, 2020
I don't know the exact way. But few years ago, I used to do it. Insert the VCD in CD drive. Then after you will get many options. Choose burn the disc from there & follow the process further.

Tom's Hardware has changed radically since I was last here, so I don't know where to post this. I have a 100 MB .mp4 video I want to play on my TV DVD player. I use DVD Flick to format it for burning to disk, selecting 700MB CD as the destination.. I use ImgBurn to burn it to disk. When I play it on my TV DVD player it has breaks in the sound every few seconds. The breaks don't seem to follow a pattern, just random, but only 10 - 20 seconds apart. I've tried burning to DVD, but the results are the same. I have not tried Nero, because I don't have it installed, but that's a possibility. I have burned larger files and they have worked fine. In the past, with similar problems, I have tried converting the file to .avi, but the results were the same. The DVD player is a cheapie, but it's only three years old. It has no problems playing DVDs both purchased and burned at home. It plays old music VCDs and MP3 collections. It's only with relatively small files that I get this skipping phenomonon. There used to be authoring software specifically for burning to CD, but it hasn't been available for years. I have played back the files produced by DVDFlick, and they don't have any problem with the audio. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Try setting the burning speed to a slower one manually, try 4x.

Also if you can, test that disk with another player or on a computer.