how to change intel GPU to nivida GPU

Lau_1_

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
i just got my desktop checked today . Win 10(64 bit) , i5 6600@3.30 GHz geforce 1070 , 16 ram . i dont know why , my desktop is always using the intel(R) HD Graphics 530 instead of my geforce 1070 . my setting should be able to play battlefield 1 , ghost recon , WOTS , WOWS , now none of it is playable because of this . can anyone help ? open suggestions

Solution

Either use an HDMI cable or the HDMI to DVI cable that normally ships with that monitor to connect the monitor to the 1070. The 1070 does not support analog so to use VGA you'd need tro buy an active adapter, but since the monitor has HDMI there is no need to as an HDMI cable would be cheaper if you don't have the DVI to HDMI cable.

CyberBlade

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
See there are 2 wires coming out from the monitor. One goes to the power and other goes to the back of the motherboard. You need to unplug it and put it below. See which fits according to your monitor ports.

It will look something like this:--

GeForce_GTX_1070_Bracket_1464321745.0.png

STOP!!!!

What video connectors do you have on the monitor? You mention both VGA and DVI. Do you have both?

If you have DVI then that's what you should use. Otherwise you need the HDMI or DisplayPort to VGA adapter but that's a hassle and the quality of those adapters varies a lot.

So, let's assume for now you have DVI:

1. DVI cable attaches to DVI on the graphics card, AND to DVI on the monitor.
2. *Make sure the 6-pin/8-pin POWER cables are attached to the card on the end OPPOSITE the external connectors. (Some cables are "6+2" and those work as 8-pin. They fit but sometimes it's tricky to do.)
3. Start PC
4. if nothing on monitor, look at monitor BUTTONS and see if the INPUT is on VGA (if you have VGA and DVI) and if so change it to DVI
5. Other: may need to adjust Windows settings but if I don't change DPI (scaling of text/images) unless the resolution is higher than 1920x1080

6. OTHER: you may want to get some help on how to tweak VIDEO GAMES if you are unsure. For example, you may want to use VSYNC to eliminate screen tear but the GOAL in that case is to run a solid 60FPS (60Hz monitor) and not drop as it causes stuttering (VSYNC ON but can't maintain the FPS).

Surprisingly too few people properly do THIS:
a) Set your GOAL. (VSYNC ON or OFF. Adaptive VSYNC? GSYNC if GSYNC monitor..)

(Note FPS can be monitored via FRAPS or enabling the counter in Steam)

b) Then tweak settings to MEET that goal (drop anti-aliasing, shadows etc. find the OPTIMAL balance of visual settings to meet your goal)...

bignastyid

Splendid

Either use an HDMI cable or the HDMI to DVI cable that normally ships with that monitor to connect the monitor to the 1070. The 1070 does not support analog so to use VGA you'd need tro buy an active adapter, but since the monitor has HDMI there is no need to as an HDMI cable would be cheaper if you don't have the DVI to HDMI cable.

Solution