How to completely reset Windows XP on a Toshiba Satellite

delzix

Estimable
May 7, 2015
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105 that I'm trying to reset. I've had it for years, I've gotten a new laptop, and now I'm trying to give my Toshiba to a friend. I need to completely factory reset it and I've tried several different ways to do that, but none of them have worked.

I've tried F8, F12, 0, Ctrl+F11 at startup, none of which have taken me to what I need to find. I tried a System restore but there were no restore points from when I first got the laptop. I'm 99% certain I don't have the packaging anymore, so I don't have a Windows XP installation disc or the serial number.

I've tried everything I can find, nothing has worked, so I'm just making my own post and hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

delzix

Estimable
May 7, 2015
This laptop is from 2006, when Toshiba was installing hidden partitions to reset Windows from. This thing is super old and any stickers on it have been peeled off by little kids.

Wolf, the link you included isn't of much help. It gives instructions for Windows 7 and 8, and trying to follow these instructions on Windows XP doesn't result in much luck.