How to connect 2 devices to the same speakers?

MagosiYT

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
So hello! Merry christmas everyone!

I have some Trust Speakers, they are quite cheap, so by no means complex. I have my PC, xbox one and PS4 all hooked up via a HDMI splitter so i can change what the monitor displays by a remote, but my question - How do I do that with audio, To get audio to my consoles, i plug it in to the monitor, and for the PC, it goes into my mobo. Is there a way that will stop me having to do this, like a splitter or something?
If you happen to know of a splitter that does this, could you please try and make sure it's on amazon uk (I have a gift card to spend) but if not that's cool.
Any help appreciated!

Solution
You don't even need it.
You say you plug your Speakers into your Monitor to get sound from your XBOX?
That means your XBOX is passing its audio through the HDMI, to the monitor, which is then outputting it to the speakers.
All you have to do is tell your PC to pass its audio through HDMI, to the monitor, which will then function just like the xbox, and be passed to the speakers.

bottom right corner, right click your little speaker, and select playback devices. You'll see a few devices listed there. Select HDMI and select this as the Default Playback Device.

DONE! Now your PC passes the sound to the monitor, which outputs it to the speakers - just like your xbox does.

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
You don't even need it.
You say you plug your Speakers into your Monitor to get sound from your XBOX?
That means your XBOX is passing its audio through the HDMI, to the monitor, which is then outputting it to the speakers.
All you have to do is tell your PC to pass its audio through HDMI, to the monitor, which will then function just like the xbox, and be passed to the speakers.

bottom right corner, right click your little speaker, and select playback devices. You'll see a few devices listed there. Select HDMI and select this as the Default Playback Device.

DONE! Now your PC passes the sound to the monitor, which outputs it to the speakers - just like your xbox does.

Solution

MagosiYT

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016

Mind my language, BUT YOU SIR ARE A F*CKING LEGEND! THANKS!