How to connect 2 microphones 3.5mm to laptop???

jaguar011

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I would like to connect 2 microphones with 3.5mm to laptop combo jack, for karaoke.
How should I do that? Do I need some audio mixer? All help is welcome because I'm not familiar with that.

Solution
Ok, so it can go two ways, and that unit is pretty much useless for whichever direction you want to go.

If you use the laptop to play the midi files, then you don't need that unit, as the laptop already has everything you need to play the karoke files so long as you have the proper software to play the midi karaoke files.

Two, if you use something like the midi machine I linked to, it will PLAY the midi karaoke files, without the need for a laptop or any other device, plus it has the necessary mic inputs to connect directly from any microphone input. You would however want to maybe go with a different model, as looking at that one a second time it seems it comes with Vietnamese songs, which probably isn't very helpful to you.

Are you trying to do karaoke using only the laptop's sound, or do you have other equipment? Typically, you would run the laptop's sound out to an amplifier of some kind, and from there to the speakers. Even a home stereo reciever with the proper inputs or a home theatre unit will work, and then use the microphone inputs on THAT device to plug in. Personally, I'd recommend some kind of dedicated unit for this. The laptop itself is simply not suitable without additional hardware that has the necessary inputs, outputs and amplification, not to mention some kind of capable speakers.

jaguar011

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

Thanko your for answer. I'm don't have any other equipment.
Do you know is there some portable karaoke player that I connect to TV or DVD?

jaguar011

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I have midi files for laptop and my budget is about 100$.

Do you have floor speakers or a surround system with speakers? Television speakers or those found on laptops aren't going to be of sufficient quality to make the effort worthwhile. Still, maybe my expectations are much higher than yours. Some televisions might have good enough sound for the most basic, entry level karaoke, as long as your expectations are realistic.

As a cheap way to go, if you already have speakers or your television has good enough sound for what you want, this is probably the least expensive solution:

This: http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PDWM2100-Professional-Wireless-Microphone/dp/B003GEJ5SK/ref=lp_11974731_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1460914507&sr=1-1

and use it with a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter which is available at any music supply center or sound shop. Probably most electronics stores too, and run it all through your laptop to your tv or home theatre system.

Or, if you want to spend a bit more, you can go with something like this, and plug your mics right into the unit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VITEK-VK350-DVD-MIDI-KARAOKE-PLAYER-/272197462753

jaguar011

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I have Samsung Smart TV with good speakers and 5.1 home theatre system with RCA that satisfied my needs.
Can you explain me how to connect Wireless handheld mics with computer and TV/Home theater system? Thanks.

Wireless mics would simply plug into your laptop 3.5mm jack using an appropriate adapter and then the speaker or headphone output on your laptop would connect to one of the inputs on your tv or surround unit. OR, if using HDMI to output the display to the tv, then the audio signal SHOULD be carried to the unit without needing to use any additional sound cabling from the laptop to the tv or surround unit.

jaguar011

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that is possible to do in that way.
And one more question, what do you think about http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000H2BCQ2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1460871385&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=karaoke+mixer&dpPl=1&dpID=41JUVvwSCCL&ref=plSrch

Which one solution is better?
Can I connect audio IN with laptop via RCA/3.5mm cable and audio OUT with TV via RCA/RCA?

Ok, so it can go two ways, and that unit is pretty much useless for whichever direction you want to go.

If you use the laptop to play the midi files, then you don't need that unit, as the laptop already has everything you need to play the karoke files so long as you have the proper software to play the midi karaoke files.

Two, if you use something like the midi machine I linked to, it will PLAY the midi karaoke files, without the need for a laptop or any other device, plus it has the necessary mic inputs to connect directly from any microphone input. You would however want to maybe go with a different model, as looking at that one a second time it seems it comes with Vietnamese songs, which probably isn't very helpful to you.

Solution