Solved! How to connect a 5.1 hometheatre to a smart tv?

Solution
Use the AV output of the TV and connect it to the aux input of the RCA. You will need to select a surround sound mode on the RCA like Dolby Prologic to get surround sound. From the picture the RCA is more of a 5.1 PC speaker than a home theater.
It's odd that the TV doesn't have any digital audio outputs. If the HDMI input that you show a cable plugged into is ARC then that could be used to get digital audio output if you decide to upgrade the HTS. You would need one with HDMI-ARC to take advantage of it and get digital surround sound.
Use the AV output of the TV and connect it to the aux input of the RCA. You will need to select a surround sound mode on the RCA like Dolby Prologic to get surround sound. From the picture the RCA is more of a 5.1 PC speaker than a home theater.
It's odd that the TV doesn't have any digital audio outputs. If the HDMI input that you show a cable plugged into is ARC then that could be used to get digital audio output if you decide to upgrade the HTS. You would need one with HDMI-ARC to take advantage of it and get digital surround sound.

Solution
Nov 19, 2018

is the av output a 3.5mm jack or some other port? I can't seem to understand it and the aux input would only give me stereo sound, right? is there no way to get 5.1 surrounds out of these speakers? like with the help of some analog to digital convertor or something

like this one for example:- https://www.amazon.in/Leoie-Digital-Decoder-Amplifier-Converter/dp/B07KB1PHLR?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=_k_Cj0KCQiA28nfBRCDARIsANc5BFDb69PumZP_Gc0_tDxCwBDjg1Z4k2aierccQ3WH0KGVuDCxypw-Dm0aAkApEALw_wcB_k_&gclid=Cj0KCQiA28nfBRCDARIsANc5BFDb69PumZP_Gc0_tDxCwBDjg1Z4k2aierccQ3WH0KGVuDCxypw-Dm0aAkApEALw_wcB

would it help? but this certain product doesn't provide a HDMI port so I am confused what to do

and I have found this one https://www.tomtop.com/p-v3287eu.html?currency=INR&Warehouse=CN&aid=gplaincd&mid=10000018478&utm_source=SEM&utm_medium=Google+PLA&utm_campaign=TT_PLA_CD&utm_content=3707&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgqOuqcPi3gIVUo6PCh0HLg0EEAQYBCABEgIdGfD_BwE
which seems to have an HDMI port will this give 5.1 surround sound or do I just need to suck it up and let the stereo do its thing?

You didn't read my post.
The first converter you link to need a digital audio output from the TV which it doesn't seem to have.
The second converter you link to needs an HDMI-ARC jack on the TV. If the HDMI input that you left a cable connected to is HDMI-ARC then it will work. That marking would be under the cable so it's not visible.
If it's not marked ARC then the analog AV output is your only option.

Nov 19, 2018

sorry, I haven't read it right. well in the tv settings it's showing an option for HDMI 3 port to be used as ARC. so i will try buying it and check if it works, thanks