Solved! How to connect Amplifier to a sound bar

Jan 18, 2019
I have a Denon amplifier that my CD changer and tuner are connected to. My old speakers are damaged. I want to connect the stereo system to my new soundbar (Samsung Harman/Kardon HW-N850) so that I can listen to music through that. I know I can't connect the amp directly to the soundbar. I have a Miccus Home RX that I was hoping to use to transmit the stereo to the soundbar via bluetooth, but they won't pair. Samsung support (for what it's worth) says I can't connect the transmitter via bluetooth, nor the CD changer to the bluetooth. Anyone have ideas as to how I connect? I have a collection of music on CD that I can't get on music streaming services.

Solution
Can you rip your CDs to a format the TV will play? if it has a USB port that is. Or use a pc or android device and a chromecast.
I have a few hundred CDs and they live in a box in a wardrobe because they are all ripped to my PC.

Personally I would abandon any Idea of connecting the amplifier and sound bar and just save up for a reasonable pair of stereo speakers.
The RX is a BT receiver. You can't pair a receiver to a receiver. You need a transmitter.
https://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Headphones/dp/B075J4RKGH
If the CD player has optical output then you could connect it to the above with a toslink cable and the tuner with an audio cable. OR connect both the CD changer and tuner to an audio input selector. Connect the output of that to a bluetooth transmitter.

Jan 18, 2019

My Miccus Rx has both a transmit and Receive mode. I can transmit to portable bluetooth speakers, just not to the soundbar.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Can you rip your CDs to a format the TV will play? if it has a USB port that is. Or use a pc or android device and a chromecast.
I have a few hundred CDs and they live in a box in a wardrobe because they are all ripped to my PC.

Personally I would abandon any Idea of connecting the amplifier and sound bar and just save up for a reasonable pair of stereo speakers.

Solution