How to connect broken laptop to tv with hdmi?

roxxyrox

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
My laptop has been broken for a while with some stuck pixels, leaking black ink, and lines. It is NOT broken on the very far right. I don’t have any money to fix it or get a new one, so I usually plug my laptop to the tv via the hdmi cord. And usually, I don’t see any output on my tv until I have to put my password in to go to my desktop. However, right now, I can see a blue screen on the small piece of my laptop that isn’t broken, the hdmi cable is plugged in, the mouse moves around, but there isn’t anything showing on my tv. I’m assuming that this is some sort of update, but it taking a while and I need to use my computer urgently. I have an hp Notebook 15.6”.

Solution
First just double check you've actually got it projected correctly. On your keyboard, press the 'Windows' key and 'P' at the same time and select "Extend or Duplicate". This will show if it is simply not projecting.

PC Tailor

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
First just double check you've actually got it projected correctly. On your keyboard, press the 'Windows' key and 'P' at the same time and select "Extend or Duplicate". This will show if it is simply not projecting.

Solution