How to connect JVC TH-G51 receiver to Hisense smart tv for surround sound

Zakt57

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
I'm having trouble connecting the two I've tried using both HDMI and audio/video cables. No luck yet

Does your TV has ARC on HDMI?
Does your receiver support ARC on HDMI?
Do your TV and receiver have SPDIF (optical or coax) connections?

Note: Hisense TVs are not that popular, you might want to include model number / URL for manual.

Zakt57

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
The tv does have arc however the reciever only has an hdmi in/out so I put one end in the tv's arc and the receiver in the in part of the hdmi. I also set the receiver to the HDMI in for the source option, still nothing

Your receiver should support ARC, too.
If you use cable / dish settop box, you should run it thru the receiver, that way you will get surround.

If this is your JVC - no mention of ARC there. It's "all-in-ine" box, it is not meant to have advanced features.

Zakt57

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
So for the jvc reciever it should be correct the way I have it hooked up(tv-arc hdmi port) (reciever-hdmi IN) with the source being HDMI in for the receiver?

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
It should go cable box hdmi out to jvc hdmi in, then jvc hdmi out to the tv hdmi in. Nothing out from the tv. If you have more than 1 hdmi device that needs to get to the tv and you want to hear the sound out of the jvc you need an hdmi switch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
D Audio 4
M Audio 2
Mccoy08 Audio 2
B Audio 3
S Audio 1
B Audio 4
J Audio 2
J Audio 1
T Audio 2
M Audio 9