how to connect laptop /mp3 player to play through technics

michey moo

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
hi I have an old technics Hi fi seperates system.
I want to know how to connect it to the mp3 player and laptop. I have the RCA leads, just dont know how to do this ?
The amp is a Technics CA10, I have no idea which outlet to connect the leads to, I have one black connection lead and one red. I am not sure where on the back of the amp to put the leads.

Can anyone help me please ?

michey moo

Solution

No problem. Black = Red in this case

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
There needs to be a place on the amp where you can connect a white and red cinch cable to some sort of "input"

Input 1, or aux or whatever. The other end (3.5mm lead) goes into the device you want to connect.

michey moo

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

?

michey moo

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
Thank you so much for the reply, I understand where the 3.5m lead goes into the speaker input on the laptop, I just cant see understand where to connect the red and black leads into the amp, there a lot of options , I have tried them all, also is there some way I have to switch the amp settings in terms of mode of input ?
I want to play my music through my big old system. I clearly am a newbie and hopeless with this sort of thing, would it help if I sent a pic of the back of the amp ? And if I would send a pic not sure how to do that , dont go. I need help :)

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Do you have this cable? https://www.usbgear.com/images/SS-6FT-1F2RCAss.jpg

If yes:

You look at the groupings on the back of the amp

Take one marked aux, or input 1

Put the black one in the red cinch socket and white in white

Then switch the amp to the input you used on the back, whatever it is marked (aux, input 1, 2 , 3 etc)

If you have this cable:

http://www.kenable.co.uk/images/psg03147_3.5mm_jack_kenable.jpg

Just find the only one on the back of the amp that an take this and switch to "aux" on the amp

michey moo

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
I have the first set of cables, except the ones I have are red and black, not red and white.
I will go right now and try again, thank you so much I will let you know how it goes and thank you for taking the time to reply

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

No problem. Black = Red in this case

Solution