How to connect New Samsung TV to old LG dvd

Aug 15, 2018
Hello, I have new Samsung Tv and old Lg DvD ( Home Theater ) I want to connect them through optical cable.? I connected them with the optical cable, I set optical output from the tv menu, but there is no optical input mode( Only AV and TV) on the dvd receiver.

Solution

To be clear, You have your TV as a video output device and you have a Cable STB and your Home theater as video and audio sources. You want ALL audio to play through the speakers attached to the home theater, and ALL video to appear on the TV?

clarkjd

Distinguished

So, just to clarify, you want to play audio from the tv on the DVD Home theater?

Aug 15, 2018

The Optical is Toslink yes, the dvd player is "lg dvd receiver lh t755 " and the tv is " UE55KS9000TXXU".
When I press for input mode there are only 2 available "TV and AV"... " I have my cable box connected and when i put it on TV it works perfect, but i need the optical connection so I can play Netflix, Youtube etc.

Aug 15, 2018

Yes.

Aug 15, 2018

There is optical port and I've connected the cable, but when I press the Input(aux) button there is no optical mode (Only TV-AUDIO (which is the sound of the cablebox) and AV1.

clarkjd

Distinguished

To be clear, You have your TV as a video output device and you have a Cable STB and your Home theater as video and audio sources. You want ALL audio to play through the speakers attached to the home theater, and ALL video to appear on the TV?

Solution