How to connect red blue green and cooper wires to red green white and black

Aug 3, 2018
I broke the plug for my keyboard has four wires red blue green and cooper wires the plug I have has red green white and black wires which wires go together

Solution
You're most probably talking about USB keyboard, and USB cable carries four wires and shield. Open your keyboard, and see the where the other end of that cable plugs in, or is connected to. If you're lucky, there will be markings on the PCB, then figure out how to connect them to USB plug.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
I have no idea. What did that plug come off of? You would likely need a data sheet to find out where those wires go and a datasheet for the keyboard to find out what those wires go to whether it be data, power, or ground. Then match them up, that may not even work.

You're most probably talking about USB keyboard, and USB cable carries four wires and shield. Open your keyboard, and see the where the other end of that cable plugs in, or is connected to. If you're lucky, there will be markings on the PCB, then figure out how to connect them to USB plug.

Solution