How to connect speakers to the inside of the radio?

Caelin62

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
I have a 2009 RCA home theater system, the model is RTD3131 E.
The subwoofer connector has blown out, so I need to know how to hook up the sub to the inside of the system. Im trying to save money so I don't have to buy a new one. I could use some help please.

Solution
If the RCA jack on the main unit itself is bad then you can open it and will need to solder wires to the pads on the circuit board that the sub out RCA is soldered to. No other RCA jack will work. There will be two connections (plus and minus). You can remove the RCA plug from the sub cable and solder the wire to the board.
If the problem is the bass amp and not the jack then this won't help and it's time to get a new HTS.
If the RCA jack on the main unit itself is bad then you can open it and will need to solder wires to the pads on the circuit board that the sub out RCA is soldered to. No other RCA jack will work. There will be two connections (plus and minus). You can remove the RCA plug from the sub cable and solder the wire to the board.
If the problem is the bass amp and not the jack then this won't help and it's time to get a new HTS.

Solution