How to connect the laptop to egpu and then to monitor?

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
Based on your info, I'm assuming it's a HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop - 15t laptop. This laptop has USB-C ports rated for 5Gb/s transfer speed. Unfortunately, these are not Thunderbolt 3 ports that work with an egpu, eventhough they're the same size/shape.

There are a lot of HP Envy systems with 8th gen Intel Core I5s on the market. Which one do you have?

Does it have an available PCI-E slot? Typically this is taken up by the laptop's wireless card. Does the system have another way to connect to the Internet? What is your budget for this project?

If so, you would need the extension cable to connect your PCI-Ex16 graphics card to your laptop's PCIE slot. You'd need a power supply to power the graphics card. Of course, you'd need a cable to connect the graphics card to your external display.

-Wolf sends

Mar 20, 2018

No mine is the latest generation and has USB thunderbolt 3 ( the one with the lightning sign on it).

nobspls

Proper
Mar 14, 2018
You sure that so called "lighting" symbol does not just mean it is the charging port for power? Please provide photo of the laptop and symbol.

BTW look at this: https://egpu.io/

TRENDING THREADS