How to connect to the wifi when it says wireless network not connected

Dallar14

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
I have a Belki wifi router in the house and a refurbished Dell Latitude D630 Laptop. Usually when I turned on the laptop the message at the bottom would say wireless connection available, but this tom it says not available wireless network disconnected. I clicked the repair but and the one that says to search for wifi connection .nothing. then I did an ipconfig / all and it shows that the wireless network is disconnected. Please help. How do I get connected.

Solution
I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM AND WANTED TO SHARE IT. Message: "Network is not connected. Check Network Settings for Internet Connection" appeared on my Samsung Smart TV even though I had been connected for four years without a problem. I tried everything recommended within these threads for a solution without any success (reset, boot, change settings, default settings, turning off and unplugging everything over and over again.. Samsung couldn't help me nor could Verizon my Internet carrier. Other people with this problem actually paid for Samsung for a service call without any luck. At first the only solution I could find was to hard wired the tv to my router and it worked but I wasn't happy with that solution since the...
Hi,

Do you have other wireless device that can connect to your wireless network? (Cellphone or other laptop) Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if you'll be able to connect normally.
- If the same problem will persist do also a power cycle with the modem and router.
- Turn off both the modem and router for a second, turn them back on then see if you'll be able to connect with your laptop.
- Another test would be to check other wireless device if they can connect with no problem while your laptop is not connected.
- If other devices will work just fine I would also suggest reinstalling Windows with your laptop.
- Here's how: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN291879/EN

Dallar14

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

Dallar14

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
Okay so I tried your latter suggestions and those were fine as far as the Wi-Fi working and unplugging the modem and unplugging the computer from the modem and all that stuff but the first suggestion of going to the device manager to uninstall the Wi-Fi, I cannot find where to get that. I don't see where it says device manager? How do I get to device manager?sorry for being so new.

itsmaeday

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM AND WANTED TO SHARE IT. Message: "Network is not connected. Check Network Settings for Internet Connection" appeared on my Samsung Smart TV even though I had been connected for four years without a problem. I tried everything recommended within these threads for a solution without any success (reset, boot, change settings, default settings, turning off and unplugging everything over and over again.. Samsung couldn't help me nor could Verizon my Internet carrier. Other people with this problem actually paid for Samsung for a service call without any luck. At first the only solution I could find was to hard wired the tv to my router and it worked but I wasn't happy with that solution since the router is in a different room from the TV (cable wires crossing the room). I asked for advice at Best Buy and a sales person recommended I buy POWERLINE 1200 (by Netgear). It allowed me to connect my router to the Smart TV without cable wires running through the rooms and it was easy to install. Now my TV is hardwired to the Internet and everything is working again. My advice is to temporary hardwire your tv to your router. If it works but looks awful, purchase this product and you will be connected again. It costs $90 which is a lot of money but I spend countless hours trying to solve the problem. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN.

Solution