How to connect tv to hifi with only an audio in connection.

Sep 8, 2018
Hi I would like to connect my tv to my hifi that has a audio in connection, and I can’t see any other connection on my new hifi.thanks.

Audio in on your hifi is the correct place to connect the audio out of a TV. There are more than one kind of audio output and input. You need to match them.
If the TV has a headphone jack or analog RCA audio outputs that would connect to any hifi with an aux or line level analog input.
The most common audio output on TVs is a optical digital audio output. If the hifi doesn't have this kind of input you can get an optical to RCA converter to connect them. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and set up the audio output.

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
What audio in do you have on your tv? To connect your tv to your hifi look for an optical audio out on your tv's rear panel and an optical audio in on your hifi.

Audio in on your hifi is the correct place to connect the audio out of a TV. There are more than one kind of audio output and input. You need to match them.
If the TV has a headphone jack or analog RCA audio outputs that would connect to any hifi with an aux or line level analog input.
The most common audio output on TVs is a optical digital audio output. If the hifi doesn't have this kind of input you can get an optical to RCA converter to connect them. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and set up the audio output.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
opriem Audio 1
B Audio 5
K Audio 4
P Audio 2
2 Audio 3
L Audio 1
ssrn510 Audio 1
J Audio 4
H Audio 2
Chinu8763 Audio 6
roscaion Audio 1