How to Delete Your Yahoo Account Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

_User1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
Dang, I was hoping to see something about mitigating your data to another account. I'm one of the idiots that kept up on my account. I don't want to just delete the crap.

lsatenstein

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Henry must be paid by some competitor to Yahoo.com, You are spreading fear. The right advice would be to ask users to change their password. Instead you look at actions to destroy a company. Shame on you.

I for one will definitely not change from yahoo.com to another vendor. Gmail, outlook. facebook, twitter, have or will have had their billions of password acccounts hacked and copied. When did someone publish an article explaining how to quit that list of vendors?

I find yahoo.com's email services second to none, the interfaces are innovative, easy to use, reliable, and non-toxic. My 94 year old grandfather tried using outlook, gmail and found yahoo.com most intuitive. I find yahoo.com all of the above and most robust.

_User1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008

As you can probably tell, I haven't posted on TG before. You're right on a lot of points made. I did change my password as I saw an article about doing that after the last slip up.

Tell you the truth, I'm not too crazy about not having the ability to make folders on gmail. Not too crazy about not having much ability to search with correct terms and with correct parameters in yahoo either.

lsatenstein

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

High User1
I am a 10 year plus yahoo.com user. I also have migrated away a second account from outlook to gmail.

If Henry had commenced his article with "Due to the recent breech of yahoo.com, it is highly recommended that you replace your password with a stronger contrived version. If you have lost confidence in yahoo.com, you could switch to another email vendor. But before you delete your account, do not forget to inform all the people in your address book, Tom's hardware, BestBuy, Newegg.ca, Amazon, Ebay, your cellphone company and your bank and everyone that you deal with. Give them a few months for them to update their address book before pulling the plug. Following is an example regarding the process of account elimination from Yahoo.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.