How to disable anti-virus update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffet

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hi

I have purchased Advanced Systemcare 6 Ultimate and I am really satisfied about it. And now IOBit released ASC 7 Ultimate and my anti-virus updates itself automaticcaly, And I don't want it, i want to stay on ASC 6 Ultimate. So i found and downloaded the setup from a youtube video, but i used my legit key. I used it for a while, and then it updated itself again. Right now i opened it and it opened as ASC7 .
It's really annoying. Does anyone know how I can disable the auto-update?

Thanks

Solution
Better to let it update, will include new features, bug fixes, unless it is slowing down you PC.

try ..

Launch Advanced System Care and go to:
• Options (top right corner)
• General Setting
• Un-Tick: Execute at Windows startup
• Click: Apply

Go to (still in Options):
• Update
• Select: Check for updates when program starts

• Click: OK

das_stig

Distinguished
Better to let it update, will include new features, bug fixes, unless it is slowing down you PC.

try ..

Launch Advanced System Care and go to:
• Options (top right corner)
• General Setting
• Un-Tick: Execute at Windows startup

Go to (still in Options):
• Update
• Select: Check for updates when program starts

• Click: OK

Solution

saffet

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Thanks for your answer, it helped me a little, i found my solution in the options menu, i just had to uncheck the auto-update option. And i really want to stay on ASC6

Cheers, Saffet :) :) :)

Why would you want to use an older version of an anti-virus program? It should just run in the background and protect the system.
It's like asking how you can install worse brakes in your car.

The only reason anyone would want to go to an older version is if the new one was buggy, other than that, you may as well be saying "I don't care if I get viruses as long as the program looks good".

saffet

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

The reason is, in the old version (version 6) i have my own "gaming mode" configuration, you can choose which apps and processes the anti-virus can close to get more performance while gaming (it really works), and i had to uncheck all the apps that i wanted to keep running (like skype to chat with my friends) while the gaming mode was on. And it took me about 25-30 minutes to set it up, cuz it was a huge list. Now you can say how many apps can you have on your computer... Believe me i have A LOT of apps. And if i update to version 7, i have to do it again. And i don't want to spend another half hour for that. So this is the reason why i want to stay on version 6. But i'm gonna make a list and upgrade it anyway, but not now.

Thanks for your time
Cheers, Saffet

Status
Not open for further replies.