Question How to downgrade yamaha yas-108 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ednihs

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
I have upgraded my yas-108 firmware to v5.0, but after the upgrade the bass seems to be heavy and doesnot sound good. I would like to revert to v4.0 could anyone please help. V4.0 firmware is not available anywhere in the net

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2019
I can't upgrade from Firmware 2.0. I imagine downgrading involves finding the 4.0 firmware and doing the firmware install.

How did you get the firmware to install? I have a proper USB stick formatted fat32 with the proper Firmware 5.0 file on the root of the stick and when performing the directions all I get is the red light which means a problem.

I can not find earlier Firmware before 5.0. Let me know how you were able to upgrade? Thanks

Sep 10, 2019
Yamaha support told me today they have pulled the 5.0 Firmware dues to issues. You should go to their support page and do contact us/ chat now during business hours and they can suggest a fix. They told me there is no 4.0 firmware for the YAS-108 and that it went from 2.0 to 5.0.

Nov 29, 2019
Yamaha support told me today they have pulled the 5.0 Firmware dues to issues. You should go to their support page and do contact us/ chat now during business hours and they can suggest a fix. They told me there is no 4.0 firmware for the YAS-108 and that it went from 2.0 to 5.0.
As far as I can see, v5.0 is still the only version available on the Yamaha support site. There is a v4.0. In fact, I just downgraded from 5.0 back to 4.0 because of ARC stability issues. I'm new to these forums, but I'd be glad to provide a copy of the 4.0 firmware that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.