how to fix a white screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Check both ends of the cable running from the computer to the monitor to make sure they're in securely.

EDIT: I'm a derp, and didn't realize this was in the laptops thread. Prostar's got the advice you want to be listening to.

Brett has a point here - the white screen is later populated by a string of Bitmaps which then fetch up in Temp folders when the Scamware has loaded copies into that white page.

At this stage, if you have that problem, you should be praying to your God that you don't have Windows Vista 7 or 8 with only a single User Account and no Administrator account enabled. That scenario makes it so much more difficult for people like me and Brett to repair your system.

Mark2k13

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

hey mine is as soon as i turn on my toshiba satellite c660-21q i get a white screen any solution this happened after a brush hit the side of the laptop

ajo

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
PROBLEM SOLVED

on my Toshiba Satellite Windows 7

Hi, I had the same problem with a Toshiba Satellite laptop, I start with the log on screen then it turns to a white screen. I found the problem: Trojans.

Heres is what I did:

Start your laptop, and while it is booting press F2

a boot menu options appears, select something with command prompt ( I do not remember exactly the words)

Now a command prompt window will appear, just type: explorer.exe

this will load windows in safe mode.

Now download this little but powerfull program: Rkill from this site: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download... (if you have another computer download it there, put it in a usb flash drive then run it in your afected laptop, this is what I did)

What Rkill will do is stop any malicious process, so you can run a antimalware program.

After you run Rkill, download this antimalware program : Malwarebytes from this site: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-An... run it, select Quick scan, after the scan, select the afected files and select remove. After this it will ask you to restart your computer.

It worked for me!

I hope this will work for you guys, please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.