How to fix acer laptop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Ng

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hello,

My old laptop of about 2 and a 1/2 years . It is an Acer Aspire 5536G. One day I turn it on, i could'nt get into the window, all I saw is this....

Broadcom UNDI PXE 2.1 v11 . 4.1
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
All rights reserved.

Broadcom Base Code PXE- 2.1 v1.1.0
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.
Operating System not found

My friend told me that this is because my Hard Drive has failed, I need a replacement of it.
Is it true? And where can I buy it? How much does it cost me?
Btw, I live in Singapore.

All helps are appreciated! Guys rescue me!!!

Solution
Find your nearest acer service center and ask for help. Maybe it's not because of the harddisk. Just make sure of it first.

Assume it's because of the harddisk, if you want to save your data, you might want to find a service center who can deal with failed harddisk. If not, you can just buy a new notebook harddisk and replace the old.

You can buy notebook harddisk at most computer stores. The cost depends on the capacity and type. Just ask the computer store.

shaltzer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Find your nearest acer service center and ask for help. Maybe it's not because of the harddisk. Just make sure of it first.

Assume it's because of the harddisk, if you want to save your data, you might want to find a service center who can deal with failed harddisk. If not, you can just buy a new notebook harddisk and replace the old.

You can buy notebook harddisk at most computer stores. The cost depends on the capacity and type. Just ask the computer store.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.