Solved! How to fix high RAM usage by antimalware service executable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keegan.9377

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
Hi,

I have a consistenly high RAM usage by the windows dender service compared to other apps.
Is there a way to find out which apps/files are triggering it so i can remove them ?
It may be easier to target apps but harder to find files. I do have malwarebytes software.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50_70, Win 10

Thanks

Solution
While there is a way to check, I also must mention that you need to be very careful messing around and making any changes in the system I am going to mention. Changing the wrong thing can lead to all kinds of system problems, much larger ones than the one you are trying to fix, so be very careful.

Try going to "Start" and in the search box type "Task Manager" (without the quotes). Click on it in the list that shows. Once you are in "Task Manager" click on the "Process" tab. Here you will see a list of all currently running processes and how much memory each is using. While changing them in there is not wise, as stated above, but it will let you know what programs you are losing the memory to. Then you can choose what programs to shut...
While there is a way to check, I also must mention that you need to be very careful messing around and making any changes in the system I am going to mention. Changing the wrong thing can lead to all kinds of system problems, much larger ones than the one you are trying to fix, so be very careful.

Try going to "Start" and in the search box type "Task Manager" (without the quotes). Click on it in the list that shows. Once you are in "Task Manager" click on the "Process" tab. Here you will see a list of all currently running processes and how much memory each is using. While changing them in there is not wise, as stated above, but it will let you know what programs you are losing the memory to. Then you can choose what programs to shut down (if not system necessary) and which to just close and reopen.

Remember leaving them open, even if you actively being used, will cause programs to keep using more and more memory. Closing down a program is a good start, but rebooting (turning it off and back on) the computer is a better option for gaining back memory used.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.