Solved! How to fix laptop losing wifi connection?

Jul 13, 2019
I bought my laptop a year ago, it's an Asus vivo book s14, and I was having trouble with my wifi adapter. The problem occur when I move the lid of my laptop[not close], the wifi adapter has a yellow triangular error to it, and on my task bar I lose the ability to connect to our router. The solutions I have tried was checking if it has something to do with the power option, I tried disabling and re-enabling the wifi adapter, the driver was up-to-date[Device manager driver update from the internet], and the only solution the works is when I shutdown my laptop nudge and move the lid back and forth then opening it with a freshly installed wifi driver[I uninstalled it before shutting down]. I also have done system restore.

Solution
If it didn't do this before, and you didn't change any power settings, then it isn't likely the problem. It could, however, be a loose internal connection.

To check the power info again, check your laptops sleep and hibernate settings. Make sure neither is set to turn off the WiFi.

If not that, then I would have the laptop looked at for a loose connection. Either by the manufacturer, if still under warranty, or by a local tech.
If it didn't do this before, and you didn't change any power settings, then it isn't likely the problem. It could, however, be a loose internal connection.

To check the power info again, check your laptops sleep and hibernate settings. Make sure neither is set to turn off the WiFi.

If not that, then I would have the laptop looked at for a loose connection. Either by the manufacturer, if still under warranty, or by a local tech.

Solution
Jul 13, 2019

Alright. Many thanks.