Solved! How to fix scratches on plastic back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2019
Hello! I've got a Samsung Galaxy A50. The back is plastic imitating glass and gets scratched pretty easily. Scratches aren't very noticable but it is still good to get rid of them. There are a couple deeper ones and a bunch of micro-scratches as I call them. How can I fix the scratches without damaging the looks of the phone? (I'm using the black version so if there are creative looking ways to patch up the scratches I will be happy to read them too) Thanks a lot to everyone who helps!

Solution
I actually already have a transparent case. The thing is that without it the colors are better. But is it possible to fill up the deep scratches with paint so it looks like rainbow shards? I think if it works it would look great.

Well you can fill the things in with anything you want, but it's not going to look very good unless you have some great tools to work on glossy plastic. You can fill in the scratches then make sure you wipe the excess off, but I doubt it will look any better, and most likely will look worse.
No real good way without adding scratches to other areas of the phone when you are polishing it. You should just get a case for it. Really I don't know why phone makers put too much thought into making the exterior phone design when most people stick it in a case soon as they get a phone. Oohhh look at my metallic blue phone, it's only 3 mm thick. Now to stick it into my yellow and orange butterfly design case that will double the thickness LOL

You can take a look here if you want to try

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yp-kumgpoM

Last edited:
I actually already have a transparent case. The thing is that without it the colors are better. But is it possible to fill up the deep scratches with paint so it looks like rainbow shards? I think if it works it would look great.

Well you can fill the things in with anything you want, but it's not going to look very good unless you have some great tools to work on glossy plastic. You can fill in the scratches then make sure you wipe the excess off, but I doubt it will look any better, and most likely will look worse.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.