How to get auido from home theater when connected to TV

maliqazi

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
Hello ! I have Sony DAV DZ20 and TV is Bush Smart TV. The Home theater has only one connector behind it and that is a SCART cable. others are antenna.

Question is how can i get TV sound through the Home theater?

Please help !

Solution
Very simply, you can't. That "home theater" is a dvd player with speakers. With no available inputs on the device, there is no way to get sound to come from the TV to the dvd player. It's only good for sound on DVD's and that's it.

SethS

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
If you want t get the sound from the TV speaker(as i assume you want) go to Manage Audio Devices> and go to your TV, click the drop down arrow, and set as "default device"

Very simply, you can't. That "home theater" is a dvd player with speakers. With no available inputs on the device, there is no way to get sound to come from the TV to the dvd player. It's only good for sound on DVD's and that's it.

Solution

Ijack

Distinguished
The previous two replies ignore the SCART connector, which is an input socket.

You connect the SCART socket of your TV to the SCART socket on the DAV DZ20 (this assumes that the TV has a SCART socket which acts as an output). You should then be able to direct sound through this socket. (You'll have to consult your TV manual to see how to do this.) Page 20 of the manual explains this, but I suspect that it is designed to work with Sony TVs. It may, or may not, work with your Bush TV.

maliqazi

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
Dear Ijack,

You are very close to my exact approach but I am still struggling. Beauty of smart TVs is that they all have similar functions so I am still hoping that someone might help me out here.