How to get my Cable audio to my amp

GunnerM

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Here is my problem. I have a Yamaha A/V receiver and there is no TV cable in. By TV Cable I mean a coaxial cable coming from my satellite box, I use Dish. I am trying to get the TV sound to play through my Sound system. The satellite box in my room is on Standard Def so it does not use HDMI, so as far as I know I cant connect it to my receiver.

Here is my Set up. I have my Dish satellite box, a Yamaha A/V Receiver, and a Samsung HDTV. Currently I use my receiver for my XBox, DVD player, and my Computer, but as of now I cannot directly connect my Dish box to my Receiver, I have to watch TV through the HDTVs very small speakers. Am I somehow able to connect it with some sort of coaxial to HDMI adapter (if that exists), or some indirect way of connecting it? By indirect I mean something that just sort of works around the problem.

I have tried taking an AUX cable from my TV to my Receivers AUX in, but turns out my TV does not have a headphone jack to output the audio. I have moderate technical experience, just so you know.

Thank you in advance for the help,

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Your dish satellite, what's at the back in terms of connection? Does it have audio output, what kind? We need model name so we can check what you have or take a clear picture and post it back. Your AV receiver, take a picture on the back and post it too.

Without knowing what you have, connect audio out from your dish box to audio in on your receiver. Setup dish to send sound on audio receiver along with RF cable to your TV. That's it.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Your dish satellite, what's at the back in terms of connection? Does it have audio output, what kind? We need model name so we can check what you have or take a clear picture and post it back. Your AV receiver, take a picture on the back and post it too.

Without knowing what you have, connect audio out from your dish box to audio in on your receiver. Setup dish to send sound on audio receiver along with RF cable to your TV. That's it.

GunnerM

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Wow guys, very embarrassing. Apparently the aforementioned "Moderate technical experience" wasn't able to figure out that there were audio out ports on the back of my Dish box. All I had to do was take a set of those Red/White cords from the Dish box to the Receiver and it works perfectly. Very sorry for wasting your times. But without you guys I never would have thought to check the back of the Dish box. I guess my mind was so set on that one coaxial cord. Thank you again, your response time was also great, this website rocks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smartprado Streaming Video & TVs 1
KatTech Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 5
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 2