Question how to get past the nokia x100 not showing photos in the file explorer

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i can't get past the nokia x100 hard reset making the file explorer to show thumb when i plug in the phone to the pc and click on the nokia and then internal then dcim then camera and all i get is files with a folded corner. i have file explorer set to show thumbs and all my other cameras show images so it has to be this nokia phone.

that. so it may be a dead unit thanks

Last edited:

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
does anyone here have the nokia x100 phone? and if you do can you connect the phone into your pc and click the file explore and then see the nokia in the left column?

and then if you can see it can you click on that and then internal and then dcmi and then the camera and THEN actually see photos?? or do you see a blank type file with the upper right corner folded over?

i get this on my nokia x100 and i have don everything but reset the phone. i got it from ebay and set it to my google account . i have plugged this phone into 3 pcs and they are all the same so it has to be something in the phone. i'm really starting to think this is a junk phone. it came with good reviews and i may be some switch i need to turn on or off but i have yet to find it.

i have no clue how to post an image on this site every link at the top seems to want a http type link and i do not have them online only on my pc.

anyway does anyone have a fix? if not and it turns out that this is how they built the phone. then i guess i will ebay it in a few months when my a51 tracfone becomes unlocked and sell this junk one. i can't believe this got good reviews. now i may have to do a hard reset but if it just has a switch on or off issue then a hard reset may not even fix it.

thanks for any help

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok see if it show snokia photo issues

the one that has the nokia will not show the photos the one that has the a51 will show photos. i have tried everything. i even changed all the setting around in the file explores in the options and nothing works. and no i do not have show icons and never thums checked. i tried it and it did not change so i unchecked that.

that phone will not show photos on any pc i hook it up to. all my other phones i have and previous phones never had this issue. thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
can someone tell me if this phone came with a rooted rom can i do a hard reset and get it back to what nokia set it out with? i put in an sd card and i copied the photos to that card and i can't see that card when i plug the camera into the pc. in fact when i plug it in i get the phone in the explore side then i click that and get the internal click that and get dcim then get the camera and then all files no photos to see.

on my other phones when i go thru this i get lots of other folders after i click the phone in the explore side and then i have to find dcim and then the camera and then whatever folder they wound up in.

this is the first phone that gave me no choices but the dcim camera and bang files. i'm starting to think i did not let this do enough updates when i started it the first time or i have a bad setting. should I just do a hard reset and see if it corrects itself? thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok i asked why my nokia was not showing photos in win10 file explorer. so because i thought i may have had a setting out of wack i just did a factory reset from the setting page and let it come back fresh and it still does this. so outside of the being a stupid phone has anyone figured this out? tomorrow i will put the sim back into my a21 and if i do not get this going soon i will ebay it as it is junk to me if i can't get the thing to show photos when i plug it into the pc. every other phone i have will do this perfectly. this one will not.

plus i just can't find any help online for this stupid phone. the only help is nokia manual and that is about junk also. no wonder i see so many on ebay now. thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
you could be correct. but when i got it all it had was a smashed glass. not it might be because the other owner had the same issues and tossed out the 40th-floor window. who know? and to make things worse ther is absolutely no online help. if i ask for any nokia help all iget is the manual.

ok this is what i have done and it still fails. i reset the phone. do you know you can't restart this phone with the vol dn and power button and get a page that lets you do the hard reset background stuff like every other android phone i ever had will allow? you get 3 choices you get power off start or reboot the bootloader and that takes you to this same page. sorry phone.

anyway it went thru its reset and i did not do a thing to it and i took 3 photos and still, they will not show. so there has to be some background issue with this phone that is a bug built into it if you have a fix please let me know. thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
no it opens the photo editor. if you see the one that has the a51 and the cars in the right side that is what i get when i plug in the a51 and click internal, dcmi, camera. and then it opens to these viewable photos.

on the nokia i do the same thing and you see what happens. all i get is the icons if i click it photo editor opens and i see 1 photo at a time not all the photos on the nokia.

i reset the nokia to see it maybe i had a wrong setting and it still does this. it is useless if it will not open the photos in a viewable format. and yes i went into file explorer and set the search options to show thumbs and not icon and that fialed. but on the a51 it will chage to icons if i set it to show icons and back to thumbs it will show thumbs.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok i think i found a work around. i installed a different camera app called open camera it will show the photos on the pc but not in the camera folder you have to use open camera folder. but they show up on the pc. i then now created another folder and i just copy them over to that folder and use the don't copy and the pc will just copy the new photos in the new folder. so in a few months or so i may have enough new photos that i can just use the open camera folder and not have to copy them and will be done with the extra step. or by then my tracfone a51 will be ready to unlock and i will switch phones then. but at least i can now see the photos. i can't see the older photos in the cameras original folder but open camera creates a folder on the phone so it is a work around for now.