Solved! how to get sound from projector to sound bar

Dec 1, 2018
hi have a projector connected to blue ray player, it plays movies but cnat get it connected to the lg sound bar to get any osund

Solution
Sorry. Should have asked for the Blu-Ray player model as well.

Since the LG Sound bar only has two types of inputs, you should be looking at the Blu-Ray manual for audio outputs (either stereo or optical) and using the appropriate input. Now, depending on the blu-ray player model, it might not be able to separate the audio output from the video output (I'm assuming HDMI here).

I'm also assuming we're talking about the UHappy U80 projector (please correct me if I'm wrong in either case). If you can't use a separate audio output on the blu-ray player, it's likely you would need to run a 3.5mm stereo cable from the headphone output of the projector back to the stereo input of the sound bar.

-Wolf sends
Dec 1, 2018

hi the soundbar is an LG one and the projector is a 8000 Lumens 1080P HD 3D LED Projector Home Theater Cinema Multimedia HDMI USB AV

Descriptions of the devices do not help us help you. We're asking for actual model numbers. LG makes dozens of sound bars. Which model number do you have?

Same goes for the projector. Many projectors share those same aspects. Who manufactured the device and what is the model number of it?

-Wolf sends

Dec 1, 2018

hi the LG is model NB3530A
the projector has unappy label on the front, there is no model number on there sorry

Dec 1, 2018

thats what we are trying to do but no cables eeem to work

Sorry. Should have asked for the Blu-Ray player model as well.

Since the LG Sound bar only has two types of inputs, you should be looking at the Blu-Ray manual for audio outputs (either stereo or optical) and using the appropriate input. Now, depending on the blu-ray player model, it might not be able to separate the audio output from the video output (I'm assuming HDMI here).

I'm also assuming we're talking about the UHappy U80 projector (please correct me if I'm wrong in either case). If you can't use a separate audio output on the blu-ray player, it's likely you would need to run a 3.5mm stereo cable from the headphone output of the projector back to the stereo input of the sound bar.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Dec 1, 2018

hi the blue ray a panasonic has a hdmi which we have used to connect it to the projector and a lan socket thats it

If that's the case, then you're going to have to run a 3.5mm stereo cable from the projector back to the sound bar.

-Wolf sends

zachybest

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
You may try to connect another model to the soundbar if you have another projector. Else, you should contact your projector support to know if the model is okay with the soundbar.