Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2018
I have a dell inspiro(forgot the version) all that i know is:
Ram:4gb ddr4
Core: Intel core i3 4500
Graphic card: intel hd 4400
Hard drive: 500 gb
The problem is the pc is loaded with my father's business softwares that run on that run only on 32 bit
And i want to download games that only run on 64 bit os (like fortnite) so can i have them both in my computer?
Sorry for my bad english

Solution
dual boot both OS's. boot up the 64 bit one when you want to game and then boot to the 32 bit one for your dad to do his work. easy peasy.

buy a 2nd hard drive to do this so everything stays separate and any problem with one won't bring down the other. get one OS running and then put the 2nd hdd into the pc. now install the second Os to that drive and it will set up the dual boot menu and such for you. then simply select the right OS depending on what you want to do at the time.
May 6, 2018
4GB RAM isn't enough memory to play fortnite and the built-in graphics aren't enough. Using a PC that is important for your father's business for gaming is a bad idea. You mess it up and he can't work ... BAD IDEA ...

1.4gb ram is enough for playing fortnite ive allready downloaded 64bit and i played it smoothly but dad's programs won't launch cuz lts 16 bit
2_intel hd 4400 is enough playing it
So answer the question

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
dual boot both OS's. boot up the 64 bit one when you want to game and then boot to the 32 bit one for your dad to do his work. easy peasy.

buy a 2nd hard drive to do this so everything stays separate and any problem with one won't bring down the other. get one OS running and then put the 2nd hdd into the pc. now install the second Os to that drive and it will set up the dual boot menu and such for you. then simply select the right OS depending on what you want to do at the time.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

If I was "Dad", nothing less than physical removal of 'the other drive' would work.
With both connected....a single bootleg game mod = ransomware = a disowned son.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

You came here for answers, and you have a group of experts providing you with various options. If you don't like the answer the person is giving you (correct answer by the way) it does not mean they are "abusing" you.

On the flip side, keep the rude comments to yourself. Again, just because you don't like the answer doesn't give you the right to be rude to the person giving it to you, ever. Work with us and we will be happy to work with you. This is your only warning.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

He won't be getting any answer anytime soon, thanks to his attitude.

Think twice before doing what you did next time

Status
Not open for further replies.