Solved! How to install a os in my laptop

Apr 3, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
I wanted to install windows 10 and i selected the disk i wanted to install but its showing that windows can only be installed into gpt disks by that time i formatted my c drive so i went in to the bios setup and choose sata reset it started but stuck at preparing to reset sata so i force shut down it by pressing power button and when i turned it on it showed dell logo and then a black screen on it. Please help me

Solution
I wanted to install windows 10 and i selected the disk i wanted to install but its showing that windows can only be installed into gpt disks by that time i formatted my c drive so i went in to the bios setup and choose sata reset it started but stuck at preparing to reset sata so i force shut down it by pressing power button and when i turned it on it showed dell logo and then a black screen on it. Please help me

USAFRet

Illustrious

Solution
Apr 3, 2022
"I wanted to install windows 10 ...."

That link is a very detailed, accurate tutorial on how to install Windows 10.

Following those instructions exactly, where does it fail for you?
Man I know how to install but thats not it. it is not showing anything except dell logo and then a black screen

Apr 3, 2022

USAFRet

Illustrious
So you delete ALL partitions, reformat the resulting single space as GPT.
Continue...

Apr 3, 2022