How to install an OS on a touchscreen laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidVolcano

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Hello all, I need to install a SSD on a touch screen laptop. The problem is that there is a windows 8 embedded key in the BIOS and I have no idea how to get past it with a new copy of Windows 10. Can anyone suggest how I get past this? The laptop is a Lenovo ATIV Book 6(np680z5e-x01us). The SSD is a Samsung PRO series 512gb 2.5".

Solution

Correct.

When you buy a laptop it comes with an OS that is already pre-loaded with specific drivers (inclduing the touchscreen) from the factory (as well as all of their bloatware).
When you install a generic vanilla copy of windows to your laptop it does not have those drivers. You will need to go to Lenovo's website and download all of teh drivers for your laptop. (You may discover that wifi/ethernet also does not work in which case you will have to download from a different computer).

Correct.

When you buy a laptop it comes with an OS that is already pre-loaded with specific drivers (inclduing the touchscreen) from the factory (as well as all of their bloatware).
When you install a generic vanilla copy of windows to your laptop it does not have those drivers. You will need to go to Lenovo's website and download all of teh drivers for your laptop. (You may discover that wifi/ethernet also does not work in which case you will have to download from a different computer).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.